Shipping Without Errors is Tough, So we Fixed it.
GroovePacker: An easy to use pick pack accuracy tool that works with your existing workflow.
No need to replace what's already working or retrain warehouse staff.
See the full Demo.
In this demo we look how GroovePacker is typically integrated and at many of the features available to handle various scenarios like kitting or pre-counted packs.
It's less expensive to use GroovePacker than to continue making errors.
Save money. Delight Customers.
It's like getting paid to ship pefect orders
The actual cost of a shipping error may be higher than you think. Don't take my word for it, plug in your numbers and see what you spend each month on shipping errors using our online calculator.
You'll find answers to commonly asked questions below. Other questions can be emailed to our support team. Please use the Get Support tab on the right edge of the screen if you would like to contact us.
If you would like to schedule a call with a senior member or founder so your team can address any integration or technical questions, please choose any time that is convenient from the calendar here.
What reporting features does GroovePacker have?
GroovePacker's reporting focuses on packing accuracy and packing performance. GroovePacker will allow you to compare the packing speed, accuracy and total number of items and orders packed per period and per day for each user on your team. A daily summary of orders scanned can be emailed to you each day so you can quickly verify that all orders were scanned. It is also possible to schedule an inventory reorder report which lets you know which items are at or below the threshold you set.
What inventory features and integrations does GroovePacker have?
Tracking inventory with GroovePacker is completely optional. GroovePacker maintains an independent inventory count and pushes no information back to sales channels or your order manager. It debits each item from inventory as orders are scanned and packed, keeping an accurate count of your physical inventory. Since counts are based on what is shipped vs what is ordered it automactially takes into account any substitutions that your team makes. It is most often used as a backup or double check to an existing inventory system. In addition to scheduling low inventory reports you can also scan inventory into GroovePacker during receiving or update counts during a cycle count. Inventory counts can also be imported and exported into GroovePacker by CSV. The biggest impact GroovePacker will have on your inventory is that you'll no longer have "unintended substitutions" which will greatly improve the reliabiliy and accuracy of your inventory.
Does GroovePacker update the status of the orders in my order manager after scanning?
As a general rule interaction with your store or order manager is one way. Data is pulled from your order source to GroovePacker, and in most cases no information is sent back to the order manager. You'll never have to worry about GroovePacker overwriting your stores inventory or deleting orders that were removed from GroovePacker. This keeps moving parts to a minimum and increases peace of mind. In the common workflows below you'll see how the order manager handles the status update at different times depending on when shipping labels are printed.
1- Shipping Labels created prior to packing: In this workflow the order status is changed to Shipped when the label is created. This leaves no further status change to make after the order is packed, but at the end of the shipping day you'll be able to verify that every order imported into GroovePacker was scanned using the daily scanning report email.
2- Shipping Labels created after packing: In this workflow the packer or another team member creates the shipping label immediately after each order is packed. In this case the status is changed to shipped when the label is generated. You'll also be able to verify that all of the orders imported in to GroovePacker were scanned using the daily scanning report email.
Can you integrate with X ?
In some cases new integrations can be added. It will depend on the demand for the integration in question. In general we are most likely to integrate with order management apps over shopping carts, accounting or inventory apps. That said we do have robust CSV import and export funtionality making it possible to import daily orders or export inventory counts with just a couple clicks. If your current system can upload a CSV with daily orders to an FTP we can import this data with one click, much like an API would be used.
How long does setup take?
We are almost always able to help you complete your setup on the same day you are able to provide your product data. This is a CSV with your Product SKUS, Product names, and barcode or UPC values. More info here. Once orders are importing and product data is loaded you'll be able to begin scanning orders. We will optimize the settings for your workflow, address any questions you may have, and you'll be ready to let your packers try it immediately.
Can you provide a brief setup check list?
- The first step is to provide your product data in a CSV. Format details here.(we will create a map, import and verify your data) If you are selling on Shopify we can utilize the Shopify API to import your product data.
- Next you'll provide the API credentials for your order manager. These are usually found under Account Settings > API Settings.
- If you need to add barcode labels to unlabeled physical items, barcodes can be printed directly from GroovePacker. If your barcode is just for internal use GroovePacker can generate it from your product SKU. If your FNSKU or EIN number is imported with your product data it can also be printed as a barcode from GroovePacker. Any barcode associated with the product in GroovePacker can be used for packing verification during scan and pack. It is possible to perform packing verification with a mix of labeled and unlabeled items so you can begin using the system before all barcodes are in place.
- Add the order number barcode to your packing slip template in your order manager. Normally your packing slip will be used to cue orders in GroovePacker. If shipping labels are printed before orders are packed it may also be possible to use your shipping label to cue orders.
- You'll need a scanner and computer for each packing station. Any scanner that will read your product barcodes and output them into a text field is ready to work with GroovePacker.
- That's it. You're ready to run through the workflow with your team and let them scan some test orders.
Which scanners are compatible with GroovePacker?
You can find a list of scanners in use by many of our clients here.
Which barcodes are compatible with GroovePacker?
Any barcode, 1D or 2D, or any RFID, that your scanner is able to read is compatible with GroovePacker.